Sunday, December 13, 2009

45 minute cinnamon rolls

Here is another recipe from Realmom kitchen. Love these because they can be done in an hour. Amazing for cinnamon rolls. I've already made them twice if that is any indication. The first day for the sugar mix inside I used up some extra brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice that I hadn't used in another recipe for 1/2 of the cinnamon rolls. The other half I followed realmom's the directions. This time I did them the way I have them written here. I had no vanilla the first day so to flavor the icing I used egg nog instead of milk. Tavio thinks that one was a 5 star and the regular ones from today are only a 3 star. It was a good icing, but I found the overall cinnamon rolls to be too sweet for me that way. But I think part of that was also the cinnamon, brown sugar, nut meg mix. Tavio says they are too sweet this way. I have rewritten the directions to the way I made them today because that is a good generic recipe for me to follow. I included what I do to make them super quick. I also made some ingredient changes -used a 1/4 cup less powdered sugar than real mom and still had plenty of icing. (the first time I had too much.) I melted my butter, mixed my cinnamon/sugar, and added raisins and chopped pecans because that is how I like my cinnamon rolls... Basically mixed it up a bit. I'll probably still fiddle with it some, but we'll start from here.
Ingredients
  • 1 1/8 cups warm water
  • 1/3 cup oil
  • 2 T yeast
  • 1/4 cup sugar or honey
  • ½ tsp. Salt
  • 1 egg
  • 3 ½ cups flour

Filling:

  • 2 Tablespoons butter, melted
  • 1 Tablespoon cinnamon (can add more if desired -until it looks like a good mix.)
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • raisins
  • chopped pecans

Icing:

  • 2 C powdered sugar
  • 3 T butter, melted
  • 1 1/2 t vanilla extract
  • milk ( probably a couple tablespoons or so for desired consistency)


Mix 1st 4 ingredients and let rest for 15 minutes. While that is sitting, I beat my egg in a small bowl with the salt, measure the flour into a container, get 1/4 cup of flour ready where I want to roll out my dough, mix 1/2 cup sugar with 1 Tablespoon cinnamon and melt my butter. Add salt and egg – gradually add flour. This is a super sticky dough. So sticky that I don't change to a dough hook. I scoop it out with a rubber spatula. Roll out into a 9 x 13 rectangle on a well floured surface. (I dump about 1/4 cup out. lay the dough in it, then flip it. That has worked pretty well.) Brush butter on dough. Sprinkle with the cinnamon sugar. Add raisins and nuts. Roll up from the long side to make a log. Then cut into 12 slices and place on a greased cookie sheet. After shaped, let rest for 10 minutes. Bake 10 – 15 minutes @400 degrees ‘till golden brown. Remove from oven and mix up icing. I really only let mine cool while I'm mixing the icing because I like them warm.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails