I absolutely adored this meal. That is saying something because I'm not a huge fan of eggs in general.
The original did say you could add optional fillings. We did not although since I had asparagus in my meal this evening, I'm thinking that asparagus would have gone very well as an optional add in.
Definitely planning to make this again - maybe even for breakfast tomorrow. It sounds sooo good.
- 2 medium potatoes diced
- 1-2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 medium sweet onion, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 3 Tablespoons feta
- Place the potatoes in a medium sized microwave safe bowl and sprinkle with water. Lightly cover them (I used my microwave cover.) Microwave on high until they are fork tender (3-5 minutes) Drain any excess liquid.
- Preheat the broiler to high and set the rack 4-5 inches from the heat.
- Spray a heavy, oven proof 12 inch skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Saute the onions in butter until fragrant. Add the softened potatoes, rosemary, salt, and pepper (and any additional ingredients -ie veggies I'm thinking spinach would probably be good as well) and saute for a few more minutes. (It should smell awesome at this point between the onions and the rosemary. YUM!)
- In a bowl, mix eggs, milk and cheese. Pour it over the potato mixture in the pan. Cook (without stirring) over medium-high heat until the eggs begin to harden. (about 4 minutes)
- Place the skillet under the broiler and cook until golden brown on top. For me I did 3 minutes on high then turned my broiler down to low and did 2 minutes more. That was perfect.
- Cut in slices and serve.