- 1/2 cup unbleached white flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 6 Tablespoons cocoa powder, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup +2 Tablespoons milk (I used 1 %)
- 2 Tablespoons black bean flour (Could use any bean flour)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 3/4 cups hot water
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, 2 Tablespoons cocoa powder, baking powder, bean flour, and salt. Stir in milk and vanilla until smooth.
- Spread in an ungreased 9 X 9 inch baking pan. In another bowl, combine brown sugar and remaining cocoa. Sprinkle over batter. Pour hot water over all of it. Do not stir.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes. Serve