Saturday, March 17, 2012

Peanut butter granola bars

Here's a recipe I made forever ago - like 4-5 months ago.  My modifications are written on a paper that I'm tired of tossing around my kitchen so it is getting a blog post.  If I remember right, these turned out a tiny bit crumbly/hard to keep together,  so I may want to make some modifications to the recipe.   However, it seems like I got better at cutting them, and knew to treat them a bit more carefully than regular granola bars and all was well enough.  The flavor was great, and they are a lot better for you than most granola bars.

Ingredients

  • 5 cups oats
  • 2 cups rice crispy cereal
  • 1/2 cup shredded coconut
  • 1/2 cup chocolate chips.  (I like to use the minis - they seem to go farther)
  • 1/2 cup agave
  • 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
  • 3/4 cup peanut butter, melted
  • 1/2 cup honey
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions
  1. Mix all ingredients together until all of the oats are rice are covered in the honey/agave.
  2. Spray a 11 X 14 pan with cooking spray and pat the mixture into the bottom of the pan.  
  3. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.  Let cool for 10 minutes.  Cut into desired shapes.

Ideas for next time - use only honey, add raisins or other dried fruit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails