- 1 large package tortellini (mine was a 7 serving size)
- 1/2 Tablespoon butter
- 1/4-1/2 cup diced onion -I used dehydrated and therefore used a bit less. I did rehydrate them so I could saute them.
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 heads broccoli, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups broth (I used chicken because it is what I had on hand use vegetable to make this vegetarian)
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Shredded Parmesan cheese for serving
- Cook tortellini according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion and garlic in butter until fragrant. Add broccoli, broth, and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for about 10 minutes (or until the pasta is done and rinsed.)
- Drain pasta and add to the pan. Stir to combine and serve. Top with Parmesan cheese.