- 1 package (16 oz) bowtie pasta
- 1/2 pound broccoli florets (I actually used some frozen that I had that needed to be used up. I probably threw in a good 2-3 cups worth - not sure the weight)
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese (can also use cottage cheese)
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/2 Tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic (use 1 1/2 -2 next time)
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese (use 1/2 cup next time)
- 1/2 cup chopped Walnuts
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cook pasta according to directions on box, adding broccoli during the last 2 minutes of the cooking time. (Since my broccoli was frozen and caused my water to completely stop boiling, I did cook it a little longer than my original pasta cooking time - just until the broccoli was done.)
- While the pasta is cooking, combine ricotta, yogurt, butter, garlic, walnuts, Parmesan cheese, basil, pepper and salt in a food processor. Blend/process until smooth.
- When the pasta and broccoli are done, drain them. Return to the pot and stir in cheese/walnut sauce. Serve.