Saturday, March 17, 2012

strawberry-poppy seed dressing

A couple of posts ago I wrote about not buying salad dressings anymore.  Well here is another I have tried to add to my list.  This one also is from green smoothie girl.  It is very simple.
I think my next chore after this is to go through all of my recipe books and make a salad dressing cookbook on the computer or something so I can see what I have.  So many look very similar.  In fact in one of the Raw books I have checked out of the library it has a generic salad dressing recipe.  Surely it looks something like -equal parts oil and vinegar, sweetener, spice.  Really it is so simple, one could get quite creative.

This dressing had an optional ingredient of basil which I did try.  It gave it a bit less sweet, more savory flavor.  It was a good addition for a more savory dressing, but if you want a more sweet dressing, go without.

Ingredients

  • 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
  • 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
  • 1/4 cup honey
  • 1/4 teaspoon paprika
  • 1 Tablespoon poppy seeds
  • 2-3 Tablespoons pureed strawberries or raspberies (I just used 3 large ones from my bag of frozen strawberries.  I defrosted them a bit and threw them right into the blender whole.
  • 1/4 teaspoon basil (optional) -I used the dried stuff.
Directions
  1. Combine all ingredients except poppy seeds in a blender (I think my blender was dirty and I made this in my food processor with no problems)  Add poppy seeds and pulse a couple of times.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails