I think my next chore after this is to go through all of my recipe books and make a salad dressing cookbook on the computer or something so I can see what I have. So many look very similar. In fact in one of the Raw books I have checked out of the library it has a generic salad dressing recipe. Surely it looks something like -equal parts oil and vinegar, sweetener, spice. Really it is so simple, one could get quite creative.
This dressing had an optional ingredient of basil which I did try. It gave it a bit less sweet, more savory flavor. It was a good addition for a more savory dressing, but if you want a more sweet dressing, go without.
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 Tablespoon poppy seeds
- 2-3 Tablespoons pureed strawberries or raspberies (I just used 3 large ones from my bag of frozen strawberries. I defrosted them a bit and threw them right into the blender whole.
- 1/4 teaspoon basil (optional) -I used the dried stuff.
- Combine all ingredients except poppy seeds in a blender (I think my blender was dirty and I made this in my food processor with no problems) Add poppy seeds and pulse a couple of times.