Sunday, December 13, 2009

Tator tot casserole

My nice visiting teachers brought me dinner this week since Brandon has been out of town for the past 2 weeks and life has been a bit busy with the extra holiday stuff going on in these weeks. It was really nice to have dinner done. It meant that instead of making food on Wednesday, I got my kitchen mopped (it was atrocious). Tavio was so excited about this casserole, and I thought it tasted better than the one I make, so I asked Cameo for the recipe. It was super simple, so I'm posting it. I didn't make it, so I didn't think to take a picture, but I had left overs, so I snapped a picture of the left overs. Not the most beautiful of foods, but it was tasty. I think it was super tasty because I didn't make it. :)



Ingredients
  • 1 lb hamburger
  • 1 can french style green beans
  • 2 cans cream of mushroom soup
  • 1/2 package tator tots
Mix hamburger, green beans, and 1 can soup. Put in 9X9 pan. Put 1/2 bag of tator tots on top, then 1 can mushroom soup on top of that. Bake at 425 for 20 minutes or 350 for 45 minutes.


My mom's recipe

Ingredients
  • 1 lb hamburger
  • 1 can cream of mushroom soup
  • 1 can vegetable beef soup
  • 1 can evaporated milk
  • 1 package frozen peas and carrots
  • 1 bag frozen tator tots
Directions
Brown hambuger with onions, salt and pepper (or use precooked.) drain. Add soups, milk and veggies. Pute in 9X13 casserole dish. Top with tator tots. Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes until tots are golden brown.
I'm pretty sure this was way better because it was green beans. I may have to try mom's again but use green beans.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails