Thursday, December 3, 2009

Parmesan Drumsticks and Sweet Potato Fries

This was quite the delicious meal. The Parmesan Drumsticks were new and came from Saving Dinner. The Sweet Potato Fries we have made before. They are from sparkpeople.com. I always forget that and search allrecipes first, can't find them and wonder where I found them. I had to go back to an old calendar/menu to find out where they were from. Problem no more. Now they are here. Both were delicious, and I think every child loved them - the baby didn't eat the chicken, but he LOVES the sweet potato fries.

See what did I tell you, he loves those fries. Had seconds and thirds, but you can't see how tasty the chicken looked there (it actually tasted just as good.) So here is a picture of my plate.


Parmesan Chicken

Ingredients
  • 1 cup Parmesan cheese (I debated the powdery stuff or real grated, bought both, and in the end opted for the powdery stuff thinking it would make a better crust. I may try real next time though.)
  • 1 Tablespoon oregano
  • 2 teaspoons paprika
  • salt and pepper to taste - I used about 1/2 tsp. each
  • 1/4 cup butter
  • 1 Tablespoon olive oil
  • 12 chicken drumsticks, no skin
Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
In a bowl, combine Parmesan cheese, oregano, paprika, salt and pepper.
Line shallow baking pan with foil. (I used a cookie sheet.)
In a small frying pan, melt butter and oil together. Dip each drumstick in the butter mix, then in the cheese mix, and place on the foil-lined pan.
Bake for 1 hour or until chicken is completely cooked. (I think I took mine out at about 55 minutes because they were done.)


Sweet Potato Fries

Ingredients
  • 2 medium sweet potatoes, washed and cut (lengthwise) into strips (1/3 inch on each side)
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 teaspoon ground cumin
  • 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
Directions:

1. Line cookie sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper.

2. Preheat oven to 450° F.

3. In a medium mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except potatoes. Mix to evenly combine, then add the potatoes and mix to coat.

4. Place potato strips on lined cookie sheet (allow space between individual strips for even cooking). I never have space because I've always done 2 medium to large sweet potatoes. I ought to use 2 sheets, but it doesn't seem to help them get crispy

5. Bake for 15 minutes (or until potatoes become crispy) turning strips every 5 to 7 minutes (or as needed). I've never had them get crispy, and I've baked them for longer time, and then stuck them under the broiler. If you do that, just keep and eye on them or they may suddenly burn.

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree this is a 5 star recipe. This is one of our favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the comment. It reminded me of this recipe, and I'm putting it in my menu for next week.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails