Monday, December 21, 2009

French Crepes

Brandon decided to get up and make crepes on Sunday morning. The actual crepes were plenty good. He filled them with some loganberry jam and whip cream. The first one was good, but by the second one it was too sweet for me for breakfast. Tavio absolutely loved them and is asking for them again, so I think we will be having them again soon and I will try a less sweet jam. I do love the jam. First time we have made loganberry. Yum! It ranks right up there with my favorite flavors. Not my favorite picture, but I took it after I had already eaten one, and I was trying to make it look good on my plate. Ha! DH made crepes again another day. Can't wait to post that recipe. They were delicious as well.




French Crepes (from allrecipes.com)

Ingredients
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon white sugar
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 3 eggs
  • 2 cups milk
  • 2 tablespoons butter, melted
Directions
  1. Sift together flour, sugar and salt; set aside. In a large bowl, beat eggs and milk together with an electric mixer. Beat in flour mixture until smooth; stir in melted butter.
  2. Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 2 tablespoons for each crepe. Tip and rotate pan to spread batter as thinly as possible. Brown on both sides and serve hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails