Saturday, December 5, 2009

Egg nog french toast


I saw this on Real mom kitchen. But she got it from Recipe Girl. I love French toast, so we tried it for breakfast today. Yum!
I also really like that it was super simple. The egg nog is thick, and already has some spice in it so there wasn't a lot to add to make a good French toast. The egg nog "fat sauce" as we called it was a tasty bonus.

Eggnog French Toast
  • 4 large eggs
  • 1 cup store-bought egg nog
  • 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
  • ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice (or ¼ tsp. cinnamon + ¼ tsp. nutmeg)
  • 12 slices bread
  • butter

1. Whisk together eggs, eggnog, vanilla and spices.

2. Preheat griddle. Dip bread in egg mixture, allowing it to soak in slightly. Butter the hot griddle and place soaked bread on griddle. Cook on each side until golden brown. Serve with butter and powdered sugar and/or regular syrup or my favorite eggnog syrup.

Servings: 6 (But I made a second batch for my family. I did end up with 1/2 a batch left over, but I'm sure no one will have trouble helping me use them up.)


Eggnog Syrup

  • ½ Cup Butter
  • 1 Cup Sugar
  • ¾ Cup store-bought eggnog
  1. Melt butter in a medium sized sauce pan over medium-low heat.
  2. Mix in sugar until well combined, then mix in the eggnog and bring heat up to medium-high heat.
  3. Wisk continually until mixture comes to a boil, remove from heat.
  4. Serve warm over french toast and ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails