Saturday, December 26, 2009

Chicken Athena

Getting way behind in my blogging with the holidays. I've spent my time sewing before Christmas and playing with the kids since Christmas. My goal is to at least get a few recipes on the blog even if I don't get the pictures up yet. Although I'm so far behind I have pictures uploaded that I haven't written about. Forgot to get a picture today again. That keeps happening too, and I love pictures of what I'm making.
OK, the next few are going to be from a taste of home slow cooker magazine I just got. I bought it because Realmom is always using recipes from them, so I've checked out their site, but in all honesty I'd rather look at a cookbook. The slow cooker appealed to me because I do slow cooker every Tuesday when I have piano lessons. Plus I love my new slow cooker (but that is another post.) Anyway, DH planned the menu this week and picked just about every day out of that book, soo, that is what we have had.
This was not my favorite food. I knew making it that it wouldn't be because it had Greek olives and I'm just not a fan of any olives, let alone Greek ones that are stronger that regular olives. I thought the chicken tasted just like olives. The rest of the family liked it just fine though. I was out of onions, so I used the last little bit I had and then used dehydrated. Surley that would have been better. I also used a generous amount of sun-dried tomatoes and maybe 1 1/2 times everything (except the olives.) I'm actually listing this the way it is in the recipe book, not how I made it because I can't remember exactly. (The problem with blogging so late.)

Ingredients
  • 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 oz each) I think I had 5 and together they were 3 lbs. (Why I 1 1/2 timed the recipe)
  • 2 medium onions, chopped
  • 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
  • 1/3 cup pitted Greek olives, chopped
  • 2 tablespoons lemon juice
  • 1 TAblespoon balsamic vinegar
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt.
Directions:

Place chicken in a 3 quart slow cooker. Add teh remaining ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 170.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails