Here is how I made it.
- 1 package manicotti noodles - or jumbo pasta shells
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 3 carrots (mine were medium small), finely chopped (I tossed my celery and carrots in the food processor)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 cups
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 1/2 15 oz. containers ricotta cheese.
- 1 1/2 cup seasoned croutons (Mine were large and I couldn't imagine stuffing them in manicotti shells so I tossed these in the food processor to chop into smaller bits. I had small bits and crumbs.)
- Cook noodles according to package directions, drain.
- Preheat oven to 400. Grease a 9 X 13 pan.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Cook celery, carrots, tomatoes and garlic in oil for 5-7 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir in chicken and broth. Cook 5 minutes or until broth is evaporated. (I actually kept adding broth because I was slowly adding the chicken and it kept evaporating faster than I wanted it to.)
- Stir remaining ingredients into chicken mixture. Fill cooked noodles. Set in baking pans. Bake uncovered 10 minutes. Serve with sauce.
Try this pizza sauce super simple to whip up while the chicken is in the oven. Then heat it up.