- 1 1/2 pounds pork loin cut into 3/4 inch cubes
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dehydrated onion (original called for green onions, but I didn't have any - that is one change I didn't make on purpose and probably wouldn't next time.)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 3 Tablespoons flour
- 2/3 cup half-and-half
- In a skillet, brown pork on all sides over medium-high heat. Transfer to a slow cooker. Stir in chicken broth, garlic, onion, oregano and salsa. Cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-8.
- Towards the end of cooking time, turn temperature to high (if not already there) Add the corn.
- Combine flour and half and half, mixing until smooth. Gradually stir into stew. Heat through. (I put the lid back on and made quesadillas.