- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup Dutch-process cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup almonds
- 4 oz. bittersweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup canola oil (I used smart balance healthy blend)
- 1 large ripe Hass avocado, pitted and peeled. (I used 1.5 medium small avocados)
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 9 X 13 glass baking dish with cooking spray (Original had you line with parchment. I was lazy and didn't and had no problems with anything sticking.)
- Whisk together the flour, cocoa, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Grind almonds in a food processor until roughly chopped. Stir nuts into the cocoa mixture.
- Break chocolate into pieces and chop in the food processor until coarsely chopped. Stir into cocoa mixture.
- Mix oil, avocado, eggs and sugars in the food processor until smooth. Use a rubber spatula to transfer the wet mixture into the cocoa mixture. Fold together and pour into prepared dish.
- Bake for 35 minutes until batter has just barely set in the middle. (I think I left mine 41-42 minutes.)