Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Lemon blueberry muffins

This recipe is from $5 dinner mom's book, but I have changed it, so I'm writing what I did while it is in the oven.  I'm pretty sure I'll want more lemon flavor and will want to add some lemon zest in the future.
These came out a bit dense, and had an odd flavor - I'm thinking from using pure Truvia - maybe next time try 1/4 cup suger, 1 T truvia ??  Also, I may add a bit more milk to counter the wheat flour substitution.


Ingredients

  • 2 1/4 cup flour - I would have subbed 1/2 wheat, 1/2 white, but I only had 1/2 cup wheat ground, so I used 1/2 cup wheat, 1 3/4 cup unbleached white.
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 eggs
  • 3 Tablespoons truvia
  • 3/4 cup milk (I used fat free)
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • Juice of 2 lemons - about 3 1/2 - 4 Tablespoons
  • 1 cup blueberries
  • pinch sugar (I used less than a teaspoon)
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350.  Coat a muffin tin will cooking spray.
  2. Whisk together flours, baking powder, baking soda and salt.  
  3. Add eggs, truvia, milk, vanilla and lemon juice and mix until well blended. Stir in blueberries.  
  4. Divide among muffin cups.  Sprinkle with a pinch of sugar.  Bake for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails