- 1-1.25 lbs Italian sausage (we used home-made)
- 1/2 head of green cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced (I used only about 1/2 of an extra large onion)
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Cook sausage in a large skillet breaking up as you cook. (Like you would ground beef) Transfer to a plate and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, add cabbage and onion; (I left the grease in the pan to fry the onion, but there wasn't much since we used a leaner home made sausage.) Cook, stirring occasionally 5 minutes. Add vinegar and cook, stirring occasionally until cabbage is just tender. (5 minutes)
- Stir in corn, brown sugar, salt and pepper, and sausage. Cooke 2 or 3 more minutes.