Monday, April 25, 2011

sausage with cabbage and corn saute

This was on my menu for a while before it actually got made because I actually had Brandon make some home-made sausages.  Although I was worried about it as it cooked, it ended up being pretty tasty - I did add the brown sugar though - that was not in the original, but I think it helped everyone like and eat the meal.

Ingredients

  • 1-1.25 lbs Italian sausage (we used home-made)
  • 1/2 head of green cabbage, thinly sliced
  • 1 onion, thinly sliced (I used only about 1/2 of an extra large onion)
  • 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
  • 1 cup corn kernels
  • 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon pepper
Directions
  1. Cook sausage in a large skillet breaking up as you cook.  (Like you would ground beef)  Transfer to a plate and keep warm.
  2. In the same skillet, add cabbage and onion;  (I left the grease in the pan to fry the onion, but there wasn't much since we used a leaner home made sausage.)  Cook, stirring occasionally 5 minutes.  Add vinegar and cook, stirring occasionally until cabbage is just tender.  (5 minutes)
  3. Stir in corn, brown sugar, salt and pepper, and sausage.  Cooke 2 or 3 more minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails