Sunday, March 20, 2011

Liberty's wheat bread

This recipe is from my friend Liberty. I have had it before and it was delicious. I was not nearly as successful in my application. I was really hoping this worked better because it doesn't use a ton of gluten, and she only does one rise in the oven, turns it on and cooks straight from there. I think I let it rise a bit too long. It wasn't over an hour or anything, but they caved. Anyway, I actually also prefer the flavor of my bread. I did sub out some agave for her molasses, maybe that made the difference, but as you can see by the pic. it wasn't the greatest. :(

5 Cups warm water
2/3 cup oil
1/3 cup honey
1/3 cup molasses
4Tblsp. yeast
1 cup puree beans
2 Tblsp. salt
1 1/2 Tbsp. vital wheat gluten, (If using a Hard Red Winter Wheat use 3 Tbsp. of vital wheat gluten)
12 1/2 cups wheat flour

Knead 10 min. cut into 5 loaf pans greased
oven rise for 30 min. and bake at 350 for 30 min.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails