Anyway, I only slightly changed the recipe and I'm glad I did. I definitely wouldn't have wanted more pepper. I really liked the way it was. My only complaint is that the seasoning didn't stick very well to the popcorn. Maybe next time I'll try the powdery parmesan. Today I used actual parmesan that I grated from a block because I had some that needed to be used up. Both little boys also liked the popcorn and ate it all. However Benjamin did say it was spicy (I think more of as an excuse to need more smoothie than anything, but whatever.)
Here is how I made it - the original came from $5 dinner mom. Awesome book!
- 2 Tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt (mine was actually a garlic salt mix (+ herbs or something light)
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon pepper. (I was still using my 1/2 tsp, but filled it under 1/2 way full, but more then 1/4 full.)
- 8-10 cups popped popcorn (I just make 1/2 cup kernals.)
- In a blender, blend the Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, garlic salt and pepper for 1 minute.
- Add freshly popped popcorn to a large bowl and sprinkle with the cheese/herb mix until coated. (I actually tried spraying with a butter flavor popcorn spray and sprinkling to get the stuff to stick to the popcorn, but it kept falling to the bottom of the bowl. Not sure how to solve this problem in the future, maybe the powdery Parmesan - then you wouldn't really need the blender either?? I will probably try that next time. Definitely one to try again.