So, the quesadillas were really good. Tavio griped that he wouldn't want a bean quesadilla, and even less if it had ANY salsa in it ... Then he tried one.... and wanted more. Benjamin tried one and still wanted just plain cheese. I really liked them.
Just made these again and used 2/3 cup salsa and 1/3 cup taco sauce. Good that way too.
- 1 15 oz. can black beans
- 1 15 oz. can kidney beans
- 1 cup salsa (I actually had a little less just because I ran out of 1 container and didn't open another)
- 2 cups shredded cheese (I used 1 sharp cheddar, 1 mild cheddar)
- 4 burrito size tortillas
- Rinse and drain beans. Combine beans, salsa and cheese in a bowl.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Spray with cooking spray. Place 1 tortilla in the pan and top with 1 cup of the bean mixture -keeping beans to 1 side. Fold the tortilla in half over the beans and heat on one side until nice and crisp. Flip and heat the other side. Serve.
I made the black bean avocado salsa by combining the following ingredients
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can corn, drained
- 2/3-3/4 cups salsa
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 avocado, diced
Just mix all the ingredients in a bowl until well combined.