Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Sausage and beans over rice

Here is another recipe from Simple and Delicious magazine.  This one came on the same page as a squash recipe which will be my next post.  Both were good, but I think I actually liked the squash better.  This one seemed like it was missing a little something, but not sure what.   I think it tasted a bit sweet.  However, it was still great, quick and easy, and good enough to eat for left overs today at lunch, so well worth the post.

Ingredients
  • 1 package reduced fat sausage (12 oz.)
  • 1 green pepper, chopped
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic, diced
  • 1 can kidney beans
  • 1 can pinto beans
  • 1 can condensed tomato soup
  • 1 cup salsa
  • 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
  • 2.25 cups rice
Directions
Put rice in rice cooker.  Add water and cook. 
In a large frying pan, cook sausage, green pepper, onion and garlic, chopping up the sausage as it cooks until the sausage is done and the veggies are tender.  Add the remaining ingredients.  Heat through. (I reduced the heat and let this simmer while I was preparing the squash, but I don't feel it was very necessary.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails