Sunday, April 4, 2010

Spring greens fruit salad

This recipe is from Betty Crocker April 2001 Spring Celebrations magazine. I did a good deal of changing to it. Lessened the vinegar and oil, didn't want to buy champagne vinegar at $11 a bottle, didn't make as much dressing as it called for, used agave rather than honey so the baby could eat it, used more lettuce than called for.... I tried to toast my hazlenuts between serving dinner and burned them, so I just topped them with some untoasted hazelnuts. This is the way I made it. If making it again, I would probably use a bit less lettuce, and gouda. I didn't use the full amount of nuts because I just sprinkled them on top.


Ingredients


  • 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
  • 1 Tablespoon olive oil
  • 2 Tablespoons agave nectar
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
  • dash of salt
  • 1 bag mixed baby greens
  • 2 cups sliced strawberries
  • 2 peaches, pitted and thinly sliced (couldn't find any so I diced some canned - not as good but ok.)
  • 1 cup diced Gouda
  • 1/2 cup hazelnuts, toasted and coursley chopped

Directions

  1. Mix vinegar, oil, agave, marjoram and salt.

  2. Mix greens, strawberries, peaches and cheese in a large bowl. Add vinegar mixture; toss to coat. Sprinkle with hazelnuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails