Sunday, January 31, 2010

broccoli salad

This is just regular broccoli salad. I think I first got the recipe from someone at work. I know it is in my ward cookbook, so that is where I looked for it this time. It is the same everywhere I've seen it. I like it. We actually didn't let it chill this time - it is better with the 4 hour chill to let the flavors mix. We didn't have sunflower seeds so we used pecans this time. The picture is pretty sad. I didn't take it. It was way shadowy and I did my best to lighten it to be viewable.


Ingredients and directions:

Mix together
  • 1 cup mayonnaise
  • 1/2 c. sugar or 5 Tablespoons Splenda (I've always used splenda)
  • 2 Tablespoons vinegar
In a large bowl, combine:
  • 2 bunches broccoli, trimmed and chopped
  • 1/2 cup red onion, sliced or chopped
  • 6 to 8 slices bacon, fried crisp and crumbled
  • 1/2 cup cheddar cheese (optional - didn't use it this time, but I have.)
  • 1 cup raisins
  • 1 cup sunflower seeds or chopped walnuts (I usually use sunflower seeds, this time it was pecans. We're not as big of a fan of walnuts, so we rarely use them.)
Stir all ingredient together. Chill 4 hours

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails