Sunday, January 24, 2010

Salami-Bean Casserole

This recipe came out of the plaid Betty Crocker Cookbook. It wasn't my favorite, but the older boys loved it. I doubled it for the most part, but sizes of cans seem to have changed. I also didn't have space (or want to) fully double the salami. I also chose the microwave directions to make it quick. This is what I did.




Ingredients
  • 1 large can pork and beans (whatever one is 28 -32 oz. I can't remember what size.)
  • 2/3 cup catsup
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 4 cups frozen hashed brown potatoes with onion and peppers
  • 6 oz. sliced salami
Directions
Combine all ingredients except salami. Put into a 2 quart casserole. Cover and cook in microwave for 5 minutes. Stir. Roll salami slices into logs. Arrange on top of casseroles, pressing into bean mixture slightly. Microwave covered about 5 minutes more or until potatoes are done. (I think I added 2 or 3 minutes, but I also forgot to stir it when I took it out.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails