Again, no picture - other than as part of 7 layer dip.
- 3 avocados (Hass medium),
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice (freshly squeezed)
- 1/2 cup pico de gallo (see below)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon garlic, minced (3 cloves)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon jalapeno, stemmed seeded and minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Pit avocados. Score without going through the skin. Scoop dices our into a mixing bowl. Add the lime juice and stir to coat.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients and stir and mash until desired consistency is reached.
****Tip - We learned this awesome tip a while back - if you toss an avocado pit in with the guacamole it will keep it from going brown.
~~Like I said, today we totally cheated. I love the Jack's Special fresh salsa that they sell at our costco. It has a nice limey flavor. We just subbed that for the jalapeno, pico, and lime juice. I'm pretty sure Brandon still added a bit of garlic, the olive oil, and salt to taste. But like I said, I share the recipe because it is our go to guacamole recipe.
Pico de gallo
- 2 cups (1 pound) tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup white onions, diced
- 2 Tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons jalapeno, stemmed, seeded, and minced
- 2 teaspoons lime juice (fresh is best)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl.