Oh, I also have to add, she had a great tutorial on making buns. I thought I knew how to roll my dough in a nice circle, but of course out of curiosity I had to check out her tutorial and try it. I really liked it. Made perfect little circles.
Sorry about yet another tangent. Now on to the recipe. I slightly adapted Mel's recipe. I'm not putting super detailed instructions. If you would like those, definitely click on the link above to her site. In addition to the link about shaping dough, she has a nice one about yeast dough. Definitely one of my favorite blogger.
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 3/4 Tablespoon instant yeast
- 2 Tablespoons agave
- 2 Tablespoons oil (I used a healthy blend oil)
- 4 cups fresh ground wheat flour, give or take a few Tablespoons. I think I used 4 cups 2 Tablespoons
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Combine water, yeast, agave, oil, 3 cups flour and salt in a mixer with a dough hook. Knead until well mixed. Gradually add last cup of flour until dough pulls away from the edge of the bowl.
- Let the mixer continue kneading until smooth and elastic (about 5 more minutes)
- Cover and let rise until doubled. (About 1 hour.)
- Once risen, punch dough down, divide into 12 portions and shape as desired. Place on lightly greased cookie sheet. Cover and let rise until double. Bake at 400 for 12-14 minutes.