Normally we make this in a 8 X 8, 9 X 13, or if we want to be quick, in a cup cake pan, but this day, Brandon decided he would make these as waffles. They worked out fine that way. A bit drier than usual as a waffle, but super speedy to make that way.
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 2/3 cup sugar (or 1/2 spenda, 1/2 sugar, or other healthier substitute)
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup oil
- 3 Tablespoons melted butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- Mix dry ingredients (cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt). In another container mix wet ingredients (oil, butter, eggs and milk.)
- Mix the wet and dry ingredients. Pour into greased 8 X 8 pan or double and use a 9 X 13 pan (or use muffin tins or make as waffles) Bake at 350 for 35 minutes (8 X 8) or 45 for 9 X 13 - I think muffin tins take around 20 minutes.