The rest of the salad was simple too. I used my pre-cooked chicken -just had to defrost and my already chopped salad in a jar. I just had to chop an apple and mix the dressing.
Truth be told, the original recipe did have some extra stuff. It had mirin - don't know what it is and I couldn't find it in the Asian aisle so I left it out. It also had parsley and cilantro, but those aren't my favorite so I opted for ease and left them out. I didn't miss the chopping or the flavor, but if you like them, add them. I also left out the green onions. I would probably throw them in next time. The salad did seem to be missing something - not particularly the green onions. Actually I think it was missing a crunch. I almost added some sunflower seeds, but just didn't want to get up again. They would be a nice addition next time though.
As a complete salad this probably gets a 3 star, because it really was missing something - guess I'm getting spoiled in my salads. I like to put lots in them. However, I did really like the dressing and would totally make it again. That gets a 4 or 4.5 star.
Oops, I totally forgot to take a picture - nothing super amazing though. Just a lettuce, chicken and apples.
- 1 package cubed cooked chicken breast (I grill and freeze mine then thaw as needed.)
- 2 large apples, cored and cubed (I used red delicious)
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice (1 lime juiced)
- 2 Tablespoons orange juice (I had a juicy juice orange tangerine - really had more apple than anything.)
- 1 Tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon grated ginger (I used a jarred ginger for quick and easy)
- 1 large head lettuce. (I used about 1 1/2 romaine hearts. The original actually called for 1 lb baby spinach but I wanted to use up my romaine -would be good with spinach though)
- In a small bowl whisk together lime juice, orange juice, soy sauce, sesame oil and ginger.
- Toss with apples and lettuce either in a large bowl, or on individual plates.