Friday, August 5, 2011

menu

Well, I'm back from vacation and trying to get a menu and grocery list put together quickly.  I know I haven't posted a menu in ages.  I've been keeping them in a calendar.  However, it was one of those school year calendars, and it is out of pages, so back to the blog I go.  Funny how since I'm posting this on the blog, I'm actually checking out other blogs for meal ideas.  When I write it down I tend to look in cookbooks more.


Breakfast Ideas
Homemade granola
Waffles and/or muffins using waffle mix
omelets
crepes (try with waffle mix - I haven't attempted this yet.)  Use berries and/or make berry/agave syrup for topping
English muffins (try with whole wheat and agave)
mini german pancakes
french toast

Dinners -many coming to you from Mel and Mel's kitchen cafe.  LOVE that site - and have I mentioned that if you comment, she always seems to comment back.  So nice.  Anyway, got multiple things that I'd love to try from there.
Turkey burgers with romaine and carrot slaw
Mango and black bean quinoa salad
one-pot southwest chicken and rice

And a new one from recipe shoebox
Spinach lasagna rolls

And some 5 stars from here
Crock pot cabbage rolls
3 bean chili



lunches
left overs, quesadillas, peach and black bean soup
tuna salad, cucumber sandwiches with chickpea salad (but make it white bean salad)



Other things to try
zucchini chocolate cake with orange glaze HC p. 20

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails