Sunday, August 14, 2011

Creamy Spinach Lasagna Roll-ups

I made these for dinner the other day, but the left overs as still sitting in the fridge.  Doesn't make me want to write out the whole recipe.  I will still add the link and a few notes for next time.
First of all, I'm not sure why I chose this, I'm not a huge fan of Alfredo sauces, so don't take all my negative commentary as a fact that these are no good.  You may like them.  I just didn't care for them much.   The sauce ended up just being a simple white sauce which was fine, but I ended up wanting it to have more flavor, and if making this again, I'd probably add some Parmesan to the white sauce.  I also thought it needed more sauce, or that the sauce should be thinner.  The recipe said to slightly undercook the noodles so they didn't break - which I did.  I assumed they would completely cook in the sauce, which they may have a little, I can't actually remember.  What I do remember is feeling like the sauce was sticky and needed to be a bit thinner and a bit more plentiful for my tastes. 
The original recipe from Recipe Shoebox would make a ton.  I tried to make less.  Used about 2/3 of everything, but then 1/2 the garlic powder and the same amount of Italian seasoning because I like that...  I didn't however cut the white sauce down by any and I still wish there was a bit more - or maybe add a can of tomato sauce to the white sauce with some Italian seasoning and make it a mix of white and red sauce - not sure - these are just ideas because I did like the idea of a lasagna roll up.  They were cute.  I also liked that they were vegetarian.  I liked the spinach, mozzarella, and Parmesan on the inside.  It really was the white sauce that ruined this for me.  I could make it again with some modifications.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails