Oh, the recipe is from Everyday by Rachael Ray. Don't know why I've never tried that magazine before, but I like it. Looking forward to trying more recipes from it.
Also, be on the lookout for a back to school giveaway on Monday.
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 1 lb green beans
- 1/2 lb bacon, chopped (I used pre-cooked and chopped it with scissors)
- 1 Tablespoon butter (if using precooked bacon)
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions adding beans halfway through cooking time. Drain reserving 1/4 cup cooking water.
- While pasta is cooking, saute the onions in butter until fragrant. Add the bacon and crisp up. (if not using pre-cooked bacon, cook the bacon first then saute onions with the bacon. -So that is how I would do it. DH said he did onions and bacon at the same time.) Deglaze the pan with the reserved pasta water.
- Whisk eggs with cheese. Off heat, add pasta, beans, eggs and cheese to skillet and toss. Season with salt and pepper.