- 3 cups cooked brown rice (I used left over for dinner the night before - I had purposely made extra).
- 3 cups milk
- 1/4 c coconut palm sugar - or any type of sweetener - sugar, brown sugar, honey.. (It would be tasty with honey)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Zest of 1 lemon (I'd use 2 next time.)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg white
- In a large saucepan, stir together rice, 2 cups milk, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and lemon zest. Bring to a boil and let cook at a rolling boil for 8 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together egg white and 1/2 cup milk. Stir mixture into the cooking rice. Reduce heat and let simmer for 10 minutes. Serve