Monday, August 15, 2011

Brown rice pudding

This is just a combination of 2 rice puddings I have on this site. (This one that was too dry but convenient to make and rizogalo that was awesome flavor and texture but took forever of stirring to make.)  I think next time I'd put 2 lemons worth of lemon zest in it, but other than that I really liked it.  No picture because I just didn't take one.  It looks a lot like rizogalo.

Ingredients
  • 3 cups cooked brown rice (I used left over for dinner the night before - I had purposely made extra).
  • 3 cups milk
  • 1/4 c coconut palm sugar - or any type of sweetener - sugar, brown sugar, honey.. (It would be tasty with honey)
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • Zest of 1 lemon (I'd use 2 next time.)
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1 egg white
Directions

  1. In a large saucepan, stir together rice, 2 cups milk, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and lemon zest.  Bring to a boil and let cook at a rolling boil for 8 minutes.
  2. In a small bowl, whisk together egg white and 1/2 cup milk.  Stir mixture into the cooking rice.  Reduce heat and let simmer for 10 minutes.  Serve

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails