Tuesday, June 7, 2011

waffle mix/ waffles

So, a friend of mine found a new food storage website - www.3DHealth.net.  The woman from the site puts out a cookbook with her food storage plan - while she it totally over the top for me in a lot of things, I really wanted to try her waffle mix.  She uses it for lots of things - waffles, pancakes, muffins, and it is pretty healthy, so how can you lose right?  So I went ahead and tried it with waffles yesterday morning and muffins this morning.  The waffles were fine - sweeter than I would make a waffle, but I really liked the muffins we had this morning.  Tavio actually ate 3 for breakfast and then 4 for lunch, but hey, what was I going to say?  It was a good meal - had veggies, fruit, whole grains, eggs and milk for some protein and even some yogurt - See, how could I say that wasn't a good lunch - even if it was the same as breakfast?  I myself have eaten more than I would like to count.

While this book is full of some useful info I do find it a bit confusing.  For example, I could find no recipe for actual waffles - I just had to guess to make a good consistency.  It is also organized rather strangely, and uses ingredients I just don't have - like powdered vanilla and powdered honey.  And, it is super over the top for food storage - like she sprouts her grains then dehydrates them, then grinds them, and she makes seemingly EVERYThing from scratch including all sorts of Faux meats and milks.  I haven't figured out how you would ever have enough hours in a day to do all that, but like I said, there are great tidbits of info in there and a lot of things I'd still like to try.  Thanks so much Lisa for letting me borrow your book.  I don't at all mind being the guinea pig for the recipes.  :)

Waffle mix
Ingredients

  • 10 cups freshly ground whole wheat flour
  • 1 1/2 cups powdered honey - I used 1 cup splenda (I have some I need to use) and 1/2 cup sugar - for trial purposes, they were what I had in my pantry.
  • 1 1/2 cups ground white beans (I ground small white beans in my grinder with no problem)
  • 1 cup egg powder
  • 1 Tablespoon salt
  • 1 Tablespoon baking soda
  • 3 Tablespoons baking powder
  • 1 2/3 cup powdered milk
  • 1 Tablespoons vanilla powder (I used I think 4 Tablespoons french vanilla non dairy creamer - Because that is what I had that seemed like it would work as a substitution.)
Directions

  1. Mix everything together in a large container.  (I used a bucket I had got to make bread in 5 minutes a day - it was pretty much the only thing I had that was big enough.)

To make waffles mix 2 cups mix with 1 1/2 cups water.  That made almost 2 waffles for me.  At first I used 1 1/2 cup mix and 1 cup water.  That filled my large waffle iron perfectly, but they were way too dense.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails