Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Banana muffins and peach muffins

Here are a couple more recipes for muffins I made.  I'm loving the waffle mix I made the other day.  It is so easy to just make something up in the morning with the mix already made.  A few days ago I made chocolate raspberry waffles by adding some smashed raspberries and chocolate to the waffle mix.  Then I made some banana muffins using the waffle mix, and today I have peach muffins in the oven.  I have made up my own recipes.  The recipe given in the book is -make anything using a 3-2-1-1-1 recipe - 3 parts mix, 2 parts fruit or veggie, 1 part sweetener, 1 part sour cream or yogurt, 1 part water - I've found that to be too much water, and too much sweetener.

Here are the banana muffins.  They were well liked - Aaron even finished his - 2 days in a row.  Getting Aaron to eat anything is always impressive, so that made me happy.  He wasn't a huge fan of the peach ones - only ate about 1/2 a muffin (if that.)
No pictures - sorry.  DH has the good camera at scout camp, and they aren't spectacularly pretty or anything.  :)

Ingredients

  • 1.5 cups waffle mix
  • 1 cup smashed ripe banana (2 bananas for me)
  • 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
  • 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1 Tablespoon water (approximately - I started with 1/2 cup, but only poured a tiny bit.)
Directions
  1. Mix ingredients together in a bowl.  Divide evenly among 10-12 greased muffin tins.  Bake at 375 for 18-22 minutes.
Peach muffins
  • 1.5 cups waffle mix
  • 1 cup mashed peaches (I used some canned peaches - they were packed in pear juice and very moist, requiring no other liquid)
  • 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
  • 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
  • 2 Teaspoons chopped almonds
  • 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
Directions
  1. Mix ingredients together in a bowl.  Divide evenly among 10-12 greased muffin tins.  Bake at 375 for 18-22 minutes.
I thought these would be tasty with a little oat/cinnamon/sugar (maybe even almond) topping, but I didn't know if the little boys would like it, so I left it off.  Maybe next time though.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails