Monday, May 10, 2010

Pistachio Baked salmon

Tonights dinner recipes came from taste of home's simple and delicious magazine.  This is the recipe for the salmon.  It was good, but a little dry.  (I didn't even know that Salmon could be dry until today.)  It made a really nice sauce though that helped even though it was a tad bit overcooked.  I would suggest starting with a lesser cooking time than the recipe suggests so you don't have dry fish.  Other than that it was really good.  I was a bit worried - I'm not the biggest fish eater, and I'm not a big fan of Pistachio, but the way the brown sugar/lemon mix caramelized on the pistachios was quite tasty.

Ingredients
  • 6 salmon fillets (6 oz. each)
  • 1 cup pistachios, chopped
  • 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
  • 3 Tablespoons lemon juice
  • 1 teaspoon dill 
  • 1 teaspoon pepper
Directions

Place salmon in a greased 9 X 13 ban.  Combine remaining ingredients; spoon over salmon.  Bake uncovered at 435 for 12-15 (I'd start with less) minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails