Sunday, May 23, 2010

Tropical teriyaki burger

This is my version of Hungry girl's island insanity burger.  I just made it easier - and I didn't have any lettuce.



Ingredients

  • 1 pineapple ring (from a can packed in juice._
  • 1 boca burger
  • 1 tablespoon teriyaki sauce (didn't measure at all, but that was pretty close.   I used sparingly.
  • 1 slice Monterey Jack cheese 
  • 1 hamburger bun or orowheat sammy
  • 1 slice tomato
  • 1 leaf lettuce (I actually used spinach but only because I was out of lettuce.  Still tasty)
  • 1 teaspoon mayonnaise (didn't measure this, but that is probably about right.)
Directions
Spread teriyaki sauce all over burger and microwave for 1 minute.  Add cheese and microwave for another 30 seconds.  Meanwhile cook the pineapple in a skillet until darkened.  (Not sure this part was worth the time)  I put a bit of mayo mixed with a bit of teriyaki sauce on both sides of my bun.  I put the burger, pineapple, spinach then tomato.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails