Sunday, May 2, 2010

French toast bowl

This is another recipe from my Hungry girl book.  Pretty sure I followed the directions most of the way.  This was similar to the chocolate bread pudding I posted earlier, but this used cream cheese, non-dairy creamer, cinnamon, etc.  I didn't like this as well.  I think I'd like to try one of these using milk or evaporated skim milk rather than the creamer.  It only added a little flavor and not much else.  My thought it why not add protein and calcium?  I don't think the cream cheese added much or anything either.  Anyway, I'm not posting the recipe becasue I actually followed it straight from the book, and I probably wouldn't make it like that again, but it did give me ideas to try something other than the chocolate one. 
I'd love to try
1/2 cup milk with vanilla rather than water, non-dairy creamer and cream cheese.  Basically, I think I'd make it more like a french toast recipe.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails