Sunday, May 23, 2010

Pizza rolls

In the process of making the pizza rolls from the sisters cafe.  They are looking pretty good.  I'm adding more directions because they didn't say how thin to roll the dough or how large to make the squares.  I also added a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese and made different flavors.  I was going to do supreme but ended up using all of my green pepper on another recipe, and I know DH loves the pepperoni rolls at Double Dave's so I just stuck with pepperoni.  We made the pizza sauce we usually make for pizza, and we used the dough from sister's cafe.

After eating these, there are quite a few things I would change.  They were too much dough, not enough filling.  I would use a thinner pizza dough recipe - probably our neo-nepolitana crust.  I think I would also try rolling them like Double Daves (like a croissant -roll out a circle, cut into triangles, fill and roll up.)  I would also use a thicker sauce for dipping.   Our pizza sauce was too thin.  Even with all the changes I would make for next time, they are still getting a 4 star because our 4 year old said that I could make them everyday.  I would probably only rate them a 3.  They were way prettier to look at than they tasted.


Ingredients

  • Pizza Dough  (see below)
  • shredded mozarella cheese (we used about 8 oz for a double batch of dough)
  • fillings - we used pepperoni which we cut in 1/4 in some and diced ham with pineapple tidbits in the other.  
  • garlic salt
  • Italian seasonings
  • Parmesan Cheese
Directions:
Roll out dough to about 1/4 inch thick.  Cut into 4" squares.  Place toppings in the center of the squares (a couple of Tablespoons worth.)  Wrap dough around filling and seal (I folded in opposite corners and sealed the seams.)  Place in a greased 10X13 pan (for a double batch)  Spray with cooking spray and sprinkle with garlic salt, Italian seasonings, and Parmesan Cheese. Bake at 400 for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.  Serve with Marinara sauce for dipping.



Ingredients  (We doubled this for our family)
  • 1 c warm water
  • 1 tsp sugar
  • 1 Tb (1/4 oz package) active dry yeast
  • 3 Tbsp olive oil
  • 2 ½ c flour
  • 1 tsp salt
Directions
Put warm water in bowl. Stir in sugar and yeast and let proof for 1o minutes. Stir in rest of ingredients. Mix until a ball, knead 10 minutes by hand or 5 minutes in mixer. Let rise for 1.5 hours.  Roll out and arrange pizza toppings on top. Bake in 400 degree oven (on preheated pizza stone for best results).

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails