Friday, May 28, 2010

green beans provencale

This was my veggie to go with the pork chop and scalloped potatoes the other day - and now you can see how I didn't have time to blog even if I did have internet. I was busy doing all those dishes. What I LOVED about this recipe is that I used a lot of stuff from my very own garden. I have never had a garden look good or really give me much edible foods that I could or did use, but I made this dish using some yellow beans, rosemary, tomato and basil from my garden. I'm so proud! However I didn't have enough beans to make the full recipe, so only DH and I got to enjoy these beans. I'm sure the kids were happier with canned beans anyway. I'm typing up the recipe as it is in the book -Taste of Homes Healthy cooking magazine because I have no idea what I did with proportions. I know I didn't have green onions, I didn't have a shallot, and I more than likely sauteed the veggies in butter rather than olive oil because I love onions sauteed in butter, and I used a regular onion, diced.


Ingredients
  • 1 lb. fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 2 inch pieces (I had 1/3 of a pound maybe)
  • 4 green onions, sliced, 2 Tbs. minced shallot - I just used 1-2 Tbs minced onion)
  • 4 cloves garlic, minced (I used 1-2 -I just have a jar of minced garlic)
  • 2 tsp minced fresh rosemary or 1/2 tsp. dried crushed rosemary
  • 1 Tablespoon olive oil - I used about 1/2 T butter
  • 1 1/2 cups grape tomatoes - I diced about 1/2 a very large tomato from the garden
  • 2 Tablespoons fresh or 2 teaspoon dried basil
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Directions
  1. Steam green beans in a steamer for 4-5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
  2. Meanwhile in a large skillet, saute onions, shallot, garlic, and rosemary (although I added the basil at this time too because I diced my onions, rosemary and basil all together in my blender -need a food processor.) Saute until tender. Add green beans, tomatoes, basil (unless you added it before) salt and pepper. Saute 2-3 minutes longer or until heated through.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails