Saturday, May 15, 2010

Mexican White Rice

I got the idea for this recipe at allrecipes.com.  I made it the other day to go with tacos using up the meat from fiesta meat bowl (which I just realized I haven't posted.  Guess that will be one of my next few posts.)  Anyway, loved the rice.  I wish I would have made more.  I changed a bit from the original - a bit more veggies and chicken stock rather than water and bouillon.  If making this again, I would omit the Tablespoon of oil and saute everything in the butter rather than melting the butter in later.


Ingredients

  • 1 Tablespoon oil
  • 1/2 cup corn (I just used frozen)
  • 1 poblano pepper, seeded, deveined and chopped
  • 1/2 cup chopped onion
  • 1 carrot, chopped fine
  • 1/4 cup peas (I used frozen)
  • 1 clove garlic (I may have used 2)
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1 cup chicken stock
  • 1 cup rice
  • 2 tablespoons butter
Directions
Saute corn in oil (next time use the butter.)  Add the other veggies and continue cooking for another 5 minutes.  Add the rice and coat with any butter left in the pan.  Add milk and chicken stock.  Bring to a boil.  Reduce heat, cover and cook for 20 minutes.  (Mine burned to the bottom, so I would probably add a bit more liquid or check it a bit earlier.) 

1 comment:

  1. Today's version
    2 Tablespoons butter
    1/2 red bell pepper
    1/2 onion
    3 cloves garlic
    1 cup corn
    1/2 cup peas
    2 large carrots
    2 cups rice
    2 cups chicken stock
    2 cups milk

    I added an extra 1/2 cup chicken stock the last couple minutes too. It was still good.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails