Sunday, May 2, 2010

Crunchy Onion barbecue chicken

This recipe if from taste of home's Healthy cooking magazine. I changed proportions a bit, but what else is new. It is so super simple, and quick. The other great thing about meal was that everyone loved it from the baby on up. Even Benjamin who gripes about dinner regularly ate his chicken. I was surprised Tavio liked it with the fried onions, but he did.


Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup barbecue sauce (I didn't measure this, I just squirted some on a plate and then added some more.)
  • 2 cups french-fried onions (that's the whole can)
  • 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1/2 teaspoon pepper
  • 3 large boneless skinless chicken breasts, halved.
Directions
  1. Starting with a note here - I actually pounded my chicken breasts a bit because #1 they were still a bit frozen, and #2 they were pretty thick in the middle and I wanted more even thickness so they would cook more evenly.
  2. Place BBQ sauce on one plate. Place onions, parmesan and pepper on another plate. Dip both sides of chicken breast in bbq sauce. Then dip one side in the onion mix. Place on cookie sheet that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
  3. Bake at 400 for 22-27 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails