Sunday, May 9, 2010

Oatmeal raisin cookies

This recipe comes from an old Nestle Toll house book.  I've written before that I used to have 2 copies of this book - a hard cover and a grocery store magazine style.  I gave the magazine style on away and my hard cover is looking used.  It doesn't appear to be available anymore.  That is why I love the blog.  I don't usually post cookies here for some reason, but I don't usually stray from the recipe much.  DH actually made these.  We only subbed out raising for chocolate chips.  They were soooo good.  Somehow they reminded me of a pecan sandie, but also and oatmeal cookie.  Too tasty to make again for a while.  Cookies are such a weakness of mine.
 

Ingredients
  • 1 3/4 cups flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 1/4 cups packed brown sugar
  • 1 cup butter (2 sticks)
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 tablespoons milk
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla
  • 2 1/2 cups quick cook oats (I usually use regular but DH used quick cook which I think helped give these cookies their texture.)
  • 2 cups raisins
  • 1 cup chopped pecans (we used the cookie pieces which are really tiny and I don't usually like them because they are so small, but again, I think that in this case it is what made them remind me of pecan sandies.)
Directions
Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a mall bowl.  Beat brown sugar, butter and granulated sugar in a large mixer bowl until creamy.  Beat in eggs, milk and vanilla.  Gradually beat in flour mixture.  Stir in oats, raising and nuts.  Drop by rounded Tablespoons onto ungreased baking sheets.
Bake at 375 for 9 to 10 minutes.  Let stand 1 minute; remove to wire racks to cool completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails