Sunday, May 16, 2010

Asparagus with toasted walnut butter

This recipe comes from a Pillsbury magazine from May of '06.  It would have been tastier had our asparagus been better.  The walnut butter was good.  I didn't cook my asparagus like they did.  I just put it in my steamer.  It was easier. I also halved the butter but not the walnuts.

Ingredients

  • 2 lbs fresh asparagus (I used 1 bunch -however much that is.)
  • 3 Tablespoons butter
  • 3 Tablespoons finely chopped walnuts
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
Directions
  1. Wash asparagus and snap off tough stem ends.  Steam 4-5 minutes in a steamer (or in a skillet with 1 inch water).  
  2. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, mix butter and walnuts.  Cook over low heat until butter browns and walnuts are toasted, watching carefully to prevent butter from burning.  Stir in salt.
  3. Serve asparagus on plates and spoon walnut butter over the asparagus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails