Monday, May 31, 2010

fabulous green beans

These too are from my taste of home magazine.  They really were fabulous.  I did change them.  I cut out 2 Tablespoons of butter and a Tablespoon of olive oil.  I can't imagine putting 5 Tablespoons of butter/oil on 1 lb of beans.  That would be too greasy for me.  I also added a bit of lemon.  They were delicious.

Ingredients

  • 1 lb fresh green beans, trimmed
  • 2 Tablespoons butter
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
  • 1 teaspoon lemon juice
  • 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
Directions
  1. Place beans in a steamer and  steam for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender (I like mine a little more tender so I steam them a bit longer.)
  2. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat the remaining ingredients until butter is melted.  Transfer beans to a serving bowl; drizzle with butter mix.  Toss to coat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails