Sunday, May 2, 2010

vegetable pitas

I'm surprised that I didn't post this one when I made it because it was something I made up.  The idea came from a sparkpeople or firm meal that I had listed for a veggie pita, but with other veggies, and not sauteed.  I kind of did my own thing.  Served it with pasta sauce and it was delicious.

Ingredients
  • 1/2 medium zuchinni sliced into 1/3-1/2 inch pieces
  • 1/2 sweet pepper, diced
  • 1 teaspoon butter
  • 2 tablespoons onion
  • 1 teaspoon minced garlic
  • 1 pita
  • 1/3 cup pasta sauce
Directions
Saute onions in butter, add the rest of the veggies and sautee for until zuchinni is crisp tender.  (I think I actually added the zuchinni and garlic to the onions and sauteed for a while then added the peppers because I like my peppers more raw and crunchy.)  Put in pita and serve with pasta sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails