Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Chocolate peanut butter oatmeal

Don't know where this idea came from but I had some ovaltine and some peanut butter on the counter yesterday morning and Duncan wanted oatmeal.  I saw those 2 items and decided to use them to make chocolate peanut butter oatmeal.  The result was tasty enough I made some for me as well.  I didn't actually measure out the tablespoons.  I used a silverware tablespoon - for Duncan's they were heaping, for mine they were not.  Just depends on how much flavor and/or calories you want to add.  Picture is not pretty, sorry - the bowl tends to get messy when it is boiling in the microwave.

Ingredients

  • 1/3 cup rolled oats
  • 2 Tablespoons ovaltine
  • 1/3 cup milk
  • 1/3 cup water
  • 1 Tablespoon peanut butter
Directions
Combine oats, ovaltine, milk and water in decent size microwave safe bowl (needs room to boil.)  and stir.  Add peanut butter to the center.  Microwave on high for 3 minutes.  Remove and stir while still hot to incorporate the peanut butter.  Let cool for a minute.  Serve with milk if desired.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails