Sunday, August 22, 2010

Italian pecan fish

I had fish recipe picked out from a Simple and Delicious magazine, but we got dinner started so late this evening that I chose another recipe.  This one I got  from an easy meals night we did for a church activity a month or 2 ago.   I had thought that the person who did it said you could just toss the fillets in from frozen, but I wouldn't recommend that.   It took over twice as long to cook and a lot of the crumbs ended up falling off.  The fish did end up tasting good.


Recipe Origin: HEB Grocery Store
Prep Time: 5 min
Cooking Time: 15 min.

Ingredients:
  • Salmon Fillets (or other fish, such as tilapia, halibut, etc.) (I used 2 12 oz. pkg. of mahi mahi - 4 fillets)
  • Italian bread crumbs (I just used regular and added Italian seasoning. -1/3-1/2 cup of crumbs)
  • Pecans, diced very fine (I used about 1/4-1/3 cup) 
  • Butter, melted (I used about 2 Tablespoons)

Directions:
Sprinkle crumbs over salmon. Sprinkle pecans over crumbs. (I just mixed the crumbs and pecans together.)  Sprinkle melted butter over all. Bake fish at 350 for about 15 minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails