Friday, August 27, 2010

Baked strawberry salmon

This has to be the best salmon I've made in the short while that I've actually been making fish, and it was easy.  It did have to marinade for 30 minutes, but that is it.  I loved the mix of flavors.  Sweet from the jam, salty and tangy from the marinade.  The marinade also seemed to take some fishiness away from the flavor.  Yum!
Picture from this turned out bad - not sure why - I'd have to guess that DH took it because I always take multiple pictures and I only have 1 of this.  Here it is.


Prep 10 minutes (it really only took that long - maybe less.)

Ingredients
  • 3/4 cup soy sauce
  • 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
  • 1 Tablespoon dijon mustard
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
  • 4 salmon fillets (6 oz. each), skin removed
  • 2/3 cup strawberry preserves (I used home made -Yum)
Directions
  1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine soy sauce, lemon juice, mustard and pepper.  Add salmon; seal bad and turn to coat.  Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
  2. Place salmon in a greased 9 X 13 baking dish.  Discard marinade.  Spoon preserves over fillets.  Bake uncovered at 375 for 15-20 minutes or until salmon flakes easily with a fork.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails