Sunday, August 22, 2010

Ranch Pasta Salad

So today after running around all day trying to get any last minute back to school items (mostly shoes we never found in a kids size 6.5 Wide (but that's another story.)  Anyway, after running around, nothing on my menu was going to end up getting made.  I flipped through my Simple and Delicious magazine and found this pasta salad pared with some salsa sloppy joes and a strawberry lemonade.  We made the pasta salad - (doubling the veggies) and the lemonade (although ours ended up being limeade) but just went with Mamwich sloppy joes.  I did not have enough light ranch so I made up my own with a packet of ranch mix I had on hand - but I used a recipe on the back of the package for a tuna pasta salad and used 1/2 a packet or ranch, 4 oz. of cream cheese and 1/2 cup milk.  It was a bit runnier than I would have liked, but the flavor was ok.  I think it would have been a bit better with ranch dressing because it would have stuck to the noodles better and had a better flavor, so I'm still writing it that way, but I am adding the extra veggies I put in.

Ingredients

  • 3 cups uncooked tricolor spiral pasta (we used a curly macaroni because I was out of spiral)
  • 2 cups chopped broccoli florets (I used frozen because that is what I had, but it would probably be better with fresh.)
  • 1 cucumber seeded and chopped
  • 1 tomato chopped and seeded
  • 1 bottle (8 oz.) ranch dressind
  • 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan (original recipe called for 1/2 cup.  I used 1/4 and put it on the table for sprinkling the top, but no one did.)
Directions
  1. Cook pasta according to package directions.  Rinse in cold water.  (Since I used frozen broccoli I also cooked that and rinsed it in cold water.
  2. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails