Monday, August 30, 2010

Ham and Corn Chowder

Yet another easy recipe from my simple and delicious magazine.  I thought this was lacking something in the flavor department.  I added cheese, then sour cream, pepper helped a lot.  It wasn't bad, I just felt like it needed a little something.  The family however seemed to love it.  They all had seconds (minus the baby who wouldn't even try it.)  The seconds impressed me because it had potatoes and I have some that gripe about potatoes, but they ate this without complaint and had more.  Maybe it is because I used canned.  (was going to just use regular, but bought canned in case I had no time - this was picked because we had gone to the pool and got home late and we wanted a quick meal.
We served this with sour cream biscuits.  Definitely still a 5 star.  I hate all of the shortening in them, but it makes the outside so crisp (in a good biscuity way.)

Ingredients

  • 1 can (10.75 oz.) Healthy request cream of celery soup 
  • 1 1/2 cups fat free milk
  • 1 can whole kernel corn, drained (I missed this.  Bought it and not cream corn, but when making it, I saw cream corn and not this.)
  • 1 can cream style corn
  • 1/2 cup cubed fully cooked ham (we added more)
  • 2 Tablespoons minced onion
  • 2 Tablespoons minced fresh parsley (never went to the garden to grab this.)
  • 1 can diced potatoes, drained (I only found sliced to I quartered the slices)
  • Sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese, and/or paprika for toppings
Directions
  1. The directions in the magazine say to combine the soup and milk and heat that then stir in everything but the potatoes, simmer 5 minutes and add the potatoes.  I just tossed in everything and heated it through. I did let it simmer a bit because I was waiting on biscuits.  It worked fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails